SRP rebates for electric forklifts and truck refrigeration charging infrastructure
As an SRP business customer, you can pocket a $1,000 rebate for each purchase of — or conversion to — an electric forklift, as well as the installation of charging infrastructure for electric standby truck refrigeration units (E/S TRUs).
Switching to electric over traditional diesel can benefit countless Valley businesses, including manufacturers, warehouses, food service providers, retailers and many more. Save big, breathe easy and enjoy these benefits:
- Lower fuel, ownership and operating costs
- Safer, cleaner, healthier and less noisy work areas
- Reduced carbon emissions that improve the environment
What can my business get rebates for?
Electric forklifts — up to $1,000 per forklift
- Reduce fuel costs by up to 75%.
- Perform less maintenance with 90% fewer parts than a combustion engine.
- The typical return on investment is less than two years.
- Reduce annual CO2 site emissions by up to 20 tons per conversion.
- Rebates up to $1,000 per forklift are available for eligible SRP customers until April 30, 2018.
Eligible forklifts include:
- Class 1 electric motor rider trucks: counterbalanced rider, stand-up, three-wheel or four-wheel sit-down, cushion or pneumatic tires
- Class 2 electric motor narrow aisle trucks: order picker, high-lift straddle, side loaders, turret trucks, high- or low-lift pallet
- Purchase or lease a class 1 or 2 electric forklift between Oct. 9, 2017, and April 30, 2018.
- Electric forklifts must replace an internal combustion unit OR be an expansion to an existing fleet OR be a first-time forklift purchase. Electric equipment replacing existing electric equipment does not qualify for this program.
- Leased electric forklifts without a buyout clause are eligible for a prorated rebate at the rate of the annual length of the contract divided by 10 and multiplied by $1,000.
- Leased electric forklifts with a buyout clause are eligible for the full rebate.
- Used electric forklifts are eligible for a prorated rebate based on the age of the forklift. Used forklifts must be 2015 models or newer. Prorated rebates are calculated based on a 10-year life expectancy. For example, a 5-year-old forklift is eligible for 50% of the rebate, and an 8-year-old forklift is eligible for 20% of the rebate.
- Dealer demo equipment or remanufactured equipment sold with new warranties are eligible for the full rebate.
- Forklifts must remain in use in the SRP service area. Equipment shipped to other facilities outside the SRP service area do not qualify.
- Provide all valid invoices and valid serial numbers for all forklifts claimed.
- Submit a complete rebate application within 90 days of equipment delivery and/or invoice date.
Electric standby truck refrigeration unit infrastructure — up to $1,000 per bay
- Allows E/S TRUs to plug into the SRP power grid while the vehicles are precooling or docked at a distribution facility.
- Reduces fuel costs by avoiding the volatility of oil and gas prices.
- Enables you to charge E/S TRUs at night when SRP's lower, off-peak energy prices are in effect.
- Reduces annual CO2 site emissions by up to 20 tons per replacement.
- Rebates up to $1,000 per bay are available for eligible SRP customers until April 30, 2018.
Eligible E/S TRU infrastructure:
- Purchase and install the necessary infrastructure to plug in an E/S TRU between Oct. 9, 2017, and April 30, 2018
- Be an active SRP commercial or industrial electric customer.
- Only 3-phase power, 480-volt plug-in infrastructure is eligible for a rebate.
- Provide all valid invoices that show dates of payment for all E/S TRUs claimed and/or invoices for the electrical infrastructure being installed.
- Infrastructure may include the necessary wiring, contractor fees, breakers, individual electrical outlets at each warehouse bay, and any other typical and necessary infrastructure that is necessary to provide power to the E/S TRU.
- Only newly installed infrastructure is eligible for a rebate. Electric infrastructure replacing existing electric infrastructure does not qualify for this program.
- Customer is responsible for contacting SRP with any questions regarding whether a certain type of proposed plug-in infrastructure is eligible for rebates.
- Submit a complete rebate application within 90 days of equipment delivery or infrastructure installation and/or invoice date.
How do I get the rebate?
To be eligible for SRP's electric technology rebates, you must:
- Be an SRP business electric customer with an account in good standing.
- Meet all program and equipment requirements.
Follow these 5 simple steps:
- Purchase the new, eligible equipment you would like to install.
- Have the following information ready to submit your rebate application:
- Your contact information (SRP account number, address, phone number, etc.)
- Your company’s contact information (where the equipment will be installed or used)
- Your dealer’s contact information (who you purchased the equipment from)
- Your new equipment’s information (model numbers, equipment invoices, etc.)
If you have questions at any time during the application process, please contact us! Use the online contact form on this page, call us at (602) 236-9650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.