Business EV Charger Rebate
Many of your employees, customers or tenants may own or be considering purchasing an electric vehicle (EV). As an SRP business customer, you can cater to this rapidly growing market through SRP's Business EV charging rebate program.
Receive $1,500 for each networked EV charging port you install at your business, or $4,000 per port for government, non-profit and school customers and enjoy the following benefits:
- Boost your bottom line by reducing fuel costs for your electric fleet vehicles.
- Position your company as an innovative, environmentally-conscious brand.
- Recruit and retain employees or tenants with attractive EV charging benefits.
- Increase your potential revenue for this added amenity by charging a fee for use.
What's new for the SRP Business Solutions Program?
Electric Vehicle Charging
Summary of rebate changes:
- Added a Fleet Advisory Services Program “FAS” (On-road Electrification) to allow trained vendors in a closed network to study electrification opportunities for fleets. Vendors/Customers complete a custom pre-approval application and is paid in part after the study is prepared and another part if the customer completes the recommended measures. The rebate is up to $20,000 per study and participants must include specific program criteria and measures.
Summary of rebate changes:
- Added an eQSP (electrification Qualified Service Provider) Assessment program to allow trained vendors in a closed network to study electrification opportunities for equipment. Vendors/Customers complete a custom pre-approval application and agree to include certain program criteria. The specific programs include:
- Commercial Non-road Electrification (material handling) up to $5,000/study
- Commercial Non-road Electrification (process heating and other) up to $10,000/study
- Smart Forklift Battery Charger rebates will decrease from $250/unit to $150/unit
- Pilot to encourage the conversion of Medium/Heavy Duty Vehicles. Treated as custom and requires pre-approval. Rebate is $0.10/kWh for estimated first year usage.
All changes were effective May 1, 2021
What can my business get rebates for?
$1,500 per networked Level 2 EV charging station port for businesses and $4,000 per port for government, non-profit and school customers
- A typical Level 2 charging port delivers 208/240 volts of electricity to the car battery, similar to what a residential dryer or oven uses.
- Each hour of charge time uses 3–7 kilowatts and will provide 8–20 miles of driving range.
- The cost for a Level 2 EV charger ranges from $500 to $6,000.
- Rebates are limited to 50 charging ports per customer per program year.
- Commercial-grade Level 2 EV charging stations
- An output current of at least 20 amps per port minimum at 208/240 volts
- A charge connector compliant with SAE J1772
- EVSE is UL listed
- Must comply with local building codes
- Charging stations equipped with software to control, operate, communicate, diagnose and capture data
- Network services, provided by the supplier, that are capable of tracking usage, collecting data, billing customers and managing electrical loads
- Software certified to receive an OpenADR 2.0b signal
Factors such as power requirements and siting considerations could impact your equipment and/or installation costs. Consult an SRP Trade Ally to evaluate installation locations and determine your electrical needs.
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, there could be delays in the processing and/or distribution of rebates.
How do I get my rebate?
To be eligible for SRP's Business EV Charger Rebate, you must:
- Be an SRP business electric customer with an account in good standing.
- Meet all program and equipment requirements listed above.
- Install equipment between May 1, 2021 and April 30, 2022. Apply on or before July 31, 2022.
5 steps to receive your rebate
- Purchase and install the new, eligible equipment. If you have questions, consult an SRP Trade Ally or contact us at (602) 236-3065.
- Create an SRP Rebate Center account to claim your rebate. You will need to have your SRP account number and associated email address.
- Follow the steps online to submit your rebate application. Include a dated copy of your sales receipt or invoice with the EV charger model number, purchase date and serial number with your application.
- Obtain SRP verification of installation.
- Upon approval, receive your rebate check!
Rebate funds for this program are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.